Mid/Senior Interior Designer - Residential
About this role
Discriminating, refined and with a certain anarchistic streak the successful candidate for this role will possess excellent communication skills and be both exacting and scrupulous. This role presents an exciting chance to work for one of the most highly respected design teams in the city on some of the most forward thinking yet time honored projects in New York and beyond.
- Manage projects and make sure they are completed on time and on budget
- Source a variety of materials, products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions, ironmongery, lighting and sanitary wear products etc
- Compile functional FF&E documents and control books and possess aptitude in furniture selection generally
- Use your creative eye and knowledge of the industry and history to create compelling research presentations, graphic mood boards and visual research documents
- Be involved and interested in all phases of the design and construction process from initial ideas and sketches through construction administration
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and details and planning submission packages
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to the ethos of the practice whilst maintaining as sense of individuality and imagination
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience in residential/hospitality design preferred and a professional degree in either interior design or architecture
- Creativity and the confidence to explain your intent
- Accuracy - attention to detail and precision
- Ability and tenacity to work both in teams and solo
- Experience and solid knowledge AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite and skill with hand sketching a big plus
From hotels to restaurants, nightclubs, residences and more this opportunity includes great variety. With projects all over New York and beyond and a pioneering reputation for exuberant and rebellious design this is an exciting chance to join a diverse and free-spirited team. This opportunity for a strong, intelligent and cultivated FF&E designer and project manager is a great time to be involved in the design and building of many awesome residential projects. Great salary and benefits for the successful candidate.
Mid Level Interior Designer- Hospitality
Luxury focused, international interior design firm founded in London seeks purposeful, creative and versatile designer to work closely with a team of interior design and FF&E associates on multiple projects in their growing New York office.