Senior Account Director / Communications Manager
About this role
The Communications Manager will be overseeing and managing the day-to-day activity for clients and will be responsible for the full public relations client portfolio. The role also calls for support of the firm's long term objectives including the strategic improvement of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Communications function, development of department strategy, implementation of systems and processes and nurturing the professional development of direct reports.
- Overseeing and managing day-to-day activity for clients – either directly as the account lead, or indirectly through the work of your direct reports
- Responsible for the full public relations client portfolio.
- Support the long-term objectives of the firm, improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Communications function through the development of a department strategy and the implementation of systems, processes and procedures that position the agency and its clients for success.
- To develop and implement effective communications strategies with a strong focus on public relations
- To foster relationships and identify new opportunities by staying up to date on the media and design industry landscape
- To nurture the professional development of your direct reports through supportive leadership and empowering team members
- Maintain and improve existing processes and procedures such as media databases, standardised critical paths, reporting templates and archiving practices.
- Be the face of the agency in media settings, proactively developing relationships with key editors, journalists and writers
- Draw on creative thinking and a deep understanding of news, current affairs, trends and the media landscape to craft unique editorial pitches and media angles that meet the needs of both client and publication, journalist or editor.
Skills and Experience
- 8-10 years’ experience in a similar role – either agency or client-side
- Min tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications or related field.
- Experience managing a team is essential
- Strong knowledge of and contacts within the media and design industry highly advantageous
- Intuitive and observant with an eye for detail
- Considered and empathetic communicator, both written and verbal
- Commercially minded and client-centric approach to account management
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- Exceptional time management skills and natural flare for efficiency
- Self-motivated and focused with an ambition for success
- Effective manager and supportive mentor
- Emotionally intelligent approach to interpersonal relationships
- Collaborative and autonomous in equal measure and as required
- Proud, passionate and accountable, regardless of the task at hand
- Strong copywriting skills and portfolio of writing examples essential
Benefits and culture
- Cool, creative design office
- Work with fun, hard working people
- Interesting projects!
- Conversations and musings with iconic industry peers and specialists
- Inspirational Creative Director