New Zealand Architectural Lead
About this role
Unique opportunity to join a global multidisciplinary as they establish an Architectural division in their Auckland office to service a major transport/infrastructure project. As the New Zealand Architecture Lead, you will be engaged initially as the company representation and lead on this project and lead a primary package of works relating to architecture, urban realm and/or associated infrastructure. The candidate will work with the Alliance team, taking direct guidance from the Stations Lead, and work collaboratively with related package leaders. The candidate will work digitally and iteratively to develop and design simple, efficient, purposeful, and beautiful architecture. The candidate will engage across urban and stations multidisciplinary teams to achieve best for project outcomes. The candidate will work through project definition and reference design phases.
In parallel the New Zealand Architecture Lead will look to develop the architecture business across Transport, Infrastructure, Science & Technology, Energy and Water markets, leveraging their market knowledge and contacts, with the backing of this global and regional brand. They will seek to build the team strategically, in line with the company's Architecture, Cities, Planning and Design and New Zealand strategies. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the inhouse market leaders, and portfolio and service leaders to pursue projects, where the company can best demonstrate their ability to influence and define sustainable development.
- Architectural design, documentation and detailing across projects. Leading or contributing to the architectural design on world-class transport and infrastructure projects, ensuring work quality and accuracy is maintained at the expected standard. Enthusiasm for design and working with the architecture team and other disciplines to create quality design solutions. Ability to use diverse information and understand complex buildings and building systems to respond with innovative architectural solutions. Generates new business opportunities and leads. Form proposals, respond to tenders and collaborate with the internal market facing leaders and across industry. Promotes the company brand, and expand the New Zealand architecture offer. Works independently with minimal supervision. Contributing to the development of others by providing guidance, training and feedback, inspiring and developing junior staff. Work on all stages on a broad range of projects from feasibility & concept through to construction documentation. Leads medium sized teams/projects, or groups. Brings long term benefit for internal or external stakeholders as part of a project/group. Multi-discipline coordination and ability to coordinate the response of the architecture team, technical specialists and other design disciplines. Participate in project reviews and other risk management activities.
Skills and Experience
- Registered Architect in New Zealand. Master in Architecture Degree, equivalent or extensive industry experience. Has extensive knowledge of transport architecture/ complex architecture and keeps up to date with current industry information and own knowledge and skills Has demonstrable experience in the integration of large complex infrastructure, buildings and city shaping projects Contributes to the development of others through sharing expertise, demonstrates design/supervisory experience Excellent conceptual and detailed design skills Practical 2D/3D Revit and CAD knowledge Excellent presentation skills, good communication and interpersonal skills with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments. Demonstrates a commitment to own professional development and brings wide and varied experience and actively keeps across trends Actively develops the knowledge, experience and skills of others, including those in other groups/offices Recognises best practices and actively promotes there wider use throughout the team or group Supports initiatives to develop and maintain company knowledge bank
Benefits and Culture
As part of the team you will enjoy benefits such as;
- Flexible working hours
- Career opportunity within a globally renowned brand
- Continued professional development and training
- Progressive and inclusive culture
- A competitive market salary and yearly bonuses