General Manager, Sales
Lead the National Commercial Sales team from a stunning showroom located in the heart of Melbourne's CBD
About this role
Our client is Australia's largest privately-owned-and-operated flooring company serving the retail and commercial specification markets. They have the reputation for designing innovative, colour-rich, in-stock and on-trend flooring products across categories like carpet tiles, carpets, resilient & hard flooring, and custom carpets.The General Manager, Sales will be based out of their stunning CBD showroom, working closely with the CEO as the head of the commercial sales team to develop and implement strategies and tactical plans to grow the commercial business in line with the business plan. They will also work closely with the state managers and regional managers to ensure consistent and targeted implementation of those plans.Responsibilities
- Lead the commercial sales team, and develop ideas for new sales strategies and markets.
- Regular review of product performance by customer, state and reps.
- Drive the use of the stunning Melbourne CBD showroom via local and interstate presentations, showcasing the studio and stock capabilities.
- Support the after-sales function with commercial decisions.
- Work closely with marketing on campaigns, promotions, advertising strategies and to develop key messaging that is on point with customers' needs.
- Quantify effectiveness of key launches and promotions.
- 10+ years in sales of interior products (preferred)
- Exposure to developing sales strategy for both B2B and B2C environments.
- Experience managing a state or national sales team.
- Well developed organisational and planning skills, with the ability to put structures in place.
- Being technically minded and able to problem solve on projects.
- Bachelor of Business, Commerce or Marketing (Preferred, but not essential)
- An energetic, enthusiastic, initiating and can-do approach.
- Ability to inspire, motivate and mentor others.
- Ability to report to and manage multiple key stakeholders.
Recruitment Consultant - Building Product Sales
Build upon your networks and foster relationships that connect talents to top-tier building materials and architectural product firms. Come work for the best in the business! A truly fun and creative studio environment.
Assist the Commercial sales team at Melbourne's leading high-end furniture company. If you love interior design and sales and want to get your foot in the door to Australia's Architectural & Design market, this is the opportunity for you!