Design Leader - Cultural Tourism Hotel projects
About this role
This is a rare opportunity in the Hong Kong market to join a respected architecture & interiors practice who are designing sustainable led hotel projects across both Asia, and further afield. This is a strategic hire to increase the studio's strengths in this area of the business, and you will work as a design leader to the Hotel & Hospitality Design team. Applicants will have worked on Asia/China projects and will have filled an associate/team leader level role in either an architecture and/or interiors practice before. A substantial hotel portfolio is desired for the role, but most importantly a passion and interest in delivering sustainable projects.
- The design leader to the Hotel & Hospitality Design team
- You will have a strong understanding of Cultural Tourism, and how to develop interiors for these sorts of projects
- You will be able to work from design concept to delivery stage including FF&E
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to express thoughts and ideas within the design.
- Team leadership is essential, you will have a team of 5 + reporting to you
- You will have excellent people skills, mentoring and nurturing the team is a key part of the role.
Skills and Experience
- You must have a proven track record of sustainable hotel projects in your folio.
- LEED (or equivalent) certification
- 8+ years’ relevant design experience
- You will be able to work across all projects stages, from design to delivery
- AutoCAD and SketchUp software skills
- Fluency in English essential
The studio is based centrally and offers excellent team environment with competitive pay and benefits package, as well as excellent career progression opportunities.