Sustainable Hotels, Associate Director of Interiors
About this role
This is a rare opportunity in the Hong Kong market to join a respected architecture & interiors practice who are designing sustainable led hotel projects across both Asia, and further afield. This is a strategic hire to increase the studio's strengths in this area of the business, and you will work as a design leader to the Hotel & Hospitality Design team. Applicants will have worked on Asia/China projects and will have filled an associate/team leader level role in either an architecture and/or interiors practice before. A substantial hotel portfolio is required for the role, but most importantly a passion and interest in delivering sustainable projects.
- The design leader to the Hotel & Hospitality Design team
- You will have a string understanding of Cultural Tourism, and how to develop interiors for these sorts of projects
- You will be able to work from design concept to delivery stage including FF&E
- You will be an excellent communicator, able to express thoughts and ideas within the design.
- Team leadership is essential, you will have a team of 5 + reporting to you. This team can grow to double the size under the right leadership.
- You will have excellent people skills, mentoring and nurturing the team is a key part of the role.
Skills and Experience
- You must be an expert in sustainability, with a proven track record of sustainable hotel projects in your folio.
- LEED (or equivalent) certification
- 8+ years’ relevant design experience, with at least 5 in hotel interiors
- You will be able to work across all projects stages, from deign to delivery
- AutoCAD and SketchUp software skills
- Fluency in English essential
The studio is based centrally and offers excellent team environment with competitive pay and benefits package, as well as excellent career progression opportunities. Please contact Shan from our Hong Kong office, with your CV and portfolio if you would like to be considered.