Senior Interior Designer
About this role
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
International acclaimed luxury interior design firm with offices in London, New York and LA seeks highly creative, passionate and personable Senior Interior Designer to join their expanding NY Studio.
The successful candidate will primarily work on landmark luxury muIti-unit residential projects in NYC and beyond and have the opportunity to work across other luxury sectors, including 5-star hospitality.
Show proven experience of having successfully led a design team and projects from inception to completion, demonstrating exceptional design and client interface skills.
Generate high quality and innovative design concepts, show complete familiarity with the interior design process of luxury residential or luxury hotel projects in the US, from space planning, interior design and custom detailing skills, strong grasp of high-end materiality, VE process, construction administration and closeout phases.
Full knowledge of FF&E selection and design of bespoke furniture and managing procurement.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work across a number of exciting projects, manage smaII teams of designers, with direct cIient facing interaction, reporting to both NY Studio Lead and Co-Founder.
Manage and brief design team and mentor junior and intermediate designers.
Skills and experience
- 8+ yrs of experience with proven experience in all phases of multi-unit luxury residential design
- Bachelor Degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suit, SketchUp required.
- Free-hand sketching is a plus.
- Revit experience preferred.
- Managing projects schedule, budget and client and/or brand efficiently.
- Experience in an FF&E procurement program or similar.
- Good knowledge of US building & ADA codes, hospitality & commercial grade material requirements.
- Solid network of NYC and European high end/luxury product vendors.
- Fully competent to oversee FF&E specifications of all soft and hard materials/finishes.
- Personable and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Benefits and culture
- Candidate should be a US citizen or holds current work US visa.
- Casual corporate culture with a strong collaborative team approach.
- Opportunities for professional development and become part of a great team of professionals.
- Great benefits: Health Cover, 15 days' vacation excluding usual Public Holidays, plus 1 extra day for birthdays.
- Salary is negotiable upon experience.
Mixed Sector Mid-Senior Interior Architect for User Centric Designed Projects
Seeking an experienced intermediate interior architect or architecturally trained interior designer with specialised experience within the public sector. This is a boutique and highly friendly and collaborative studio team who genuinely mentor and support your design interests and growth.