About this role
Looking for an Assistant Accountant to work in a creative, dynamic environment, lots of variety and responsibility. CPA accredited essential.
- Process all financial transactions into Attache General Ledger software.
- Produce and report on a monthly basis the business Financial Statements with supporting management
- documentation and associated reports to the Financial Controller.
- Process, produce and report all ATO requirements ie PAYG tax, PAYG certificates, payroll tax, company tax, BAS/GST, FBT – monthly, quarter and annual deadlines.
- Maintain cash book/daily cash flow and report to Directors monthly.
- Maintain/reconcile bank accounts – daily/monthly.
- Manage/reconcile/reimburse petty cash floats Sydney; Melbourne & UK.
- Manage/reimburse foreign currency transactions.
- Complete all end year rollover and reconciliation requirements associated with software and other systems – annual leave, personal leave, long service leave.
- Create/file project contracts.
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Record and archive financial records at year end and store at Grace Records Storage + architectural records.
- Review and destroy financial archive records beyond 7 years storage life.
- Overview the costs associated with ordering wine/beer for FJMT Friday Drinks in FJMT Sydney & Melbourne Studios.; daily fruit purchases and monthly BBQ costs.
- Provide ‘Commercial in Confidence’ financial reports for submissions, EOIs etc.
- Maintaining Resourcing Schedule on a weekly basis and attending DPA meetings once a month for invoicing clarification etc.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register for year end tax depreciation calculation.
- Preparation of monthly cash book for UK transactions and forwarding same plus all copies and receipts scanned to UK Accountants for processing via Xero Accounting system.
- Preparation of Petty cash [as above] reconciled for the month as required.
- Attending to the review of the preparation of VAT Return; filing and payment on a quarterly basis.
- Employment contracts for new staff and ensuring correct calculation of termination payment.
- Maintaining accrual for sick leave and annual leave for the year for all UK staff.
- Reviewing timesheets for all UK staff for the preparation of monthly payroll; review and payment of same; including payment of monthly payroll tax to the UK IR.
- Resolving any problems relating to staff employment issues both in Australia and UK – using our Employment Lawyers.
- Assisting receptionist with any queries as might arise from time to time on business Master card payments, ordering processing etc. as required.
- Attending to any other special one-off assignments as they may arise from time to time.
Skills and experience:
- CPA accredited or in the process
- Industry experience preferred but not essential
- 3-4 years experience
- Attache General Ledger software desirable
- A keen interest in Architecture/Design
Benefits and culture
- Sociable office with regular Friday drinks
- Great central Sydney CBD location
- Global career progression opportunities
Please note the person appointed will have the assistance of a Graduate Accountant that will cover most of the tasks under Debtors and Creditors. The graduate has 3 months experience working as an Assistant Accountant.