Interior Designer - Workplace - Confident Communicator
About this role
A prominent design and build company that specialises in workplace across Melbourne and Victoria. Due to several new projects, they are currently seeking an all-round interior designer to join and grow within their talented team.
- Confidently liaise with suppliers and manufacturers to build relationships and increase your knowledge
- Understand the needs of the client to deliver solutions that meet their expectations and budget
- Confidently and clearly communicate project presentations to clients
- Produce AutoCAD documentation for interior joinery and detailing
- Take a proactive approach in assisting across projects as required, supporting the team and working collaboratively with colleagues
- Work on projects at all stages from beginning to end!
- Produce finishes schedules and recommend furniture pieces as appropriate
- Manage the finishes library and research FF+E
Skills and experience
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, you will be clear and articulate in both verbal and written communications
- Time management and the ability to work to deadlines
- Passionate about materials, finishes and furniture in the workplace setting
- Strong space planning and AutoCAD documentation skills are required
- Sketchup, Photoshop and InDesign are also desired software skills to hold
- 2+ years professional experience post qualification, ideally in workplace
- A keen eye for detail and design!
- A design qualification in interior design or interior architecture
Benefits and culture
- A high retention rate of staff and the offer of flexibility for the successful candidate
- There is room to grow within this organisation for those who are invested, work your way up in an organisation where loyalty and longevity is rewarded!
- Join a team that feels like family and loves what they do!
- A lively, social work culture with regular events and team activities – get involved with volunteering and charity fundraising events