Contract Drafter with Vectorworks
About this role
A global broadcasting agency in New York is seeking freelance drafters to work on projects with our award-winning team. The design team specializes in creating environments and studio sets for major networks and clients.The Design Drafter will work directly with the multidisciplinary design team to visualize solutions for broadcast studio environments and live events.
- Creative, detail-oriented and highly organized; able to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently; can execute individual projects and work in small teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proactive attitude; able to present ideas and designs clearly and effectively; able to visualize ideas with a high level of detail.
- Vectorworks Drafting experience is a must, 3D modeling is a plus.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills required.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline drive, and highly collaborative/team-based environment.
- Familiar with construction document preparation/organization; understanding of materials, finishes, and construction detailing.
- College degree in Interior design or Architecture
- Sketching, technical drawing, digital rendering, and/or model making
- Drafting proficiency required in Vectorworks. Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator proficiency is needed.
- Experience with 3D software is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work a week to week schedules with flexibility