About this role
A global architecture, engineering and design practice based in Central London are seeking a document controller to assist in the smooth and efficient delivery of the design work and carry out administrative tasks for the project coordinators and project managers.
- Maintain a system for document management, electronic or hard copy.
- Register and action all project documentation on the chosen document management system or collaboration system.
- Control the issue and distribution of project documentation.
- Ensure that all documentation is issued according to the relevant standards.
- Maintain a controlled and secure storage area for project documentation in a format dictated by the project.
- Conduct a check on all documentation passing through document control to ensure they meet the relevant protocols i.e. document numbers, revisions etc.
- Create reports for project documentation as requested.
- Apply quality standards, procedures & processes for the company and the department.
- Support the development of document control procedures and processes contained within the company document management system.
- Assist in audits when required.
- Manage the archiving of documentation and assist in the creation of record retention documents in conjunction with the project manager.
- Administration tasks as directed by the project managers and project co-coordinators.
- Project resource forecasting via Excel and Deltek.
- Procuring and coordinating time allocation records from staff and sub-consultants.
- Assisting with project commercial tasks.
- Assisting with report preparation.
- General administration.
- Attend project meetings if required, to gain understanding of the project and learn what KPIs are required.
- Communicate with clients, suppliers and internal staff members at all levels.
Skills and Experience
- Asite - Online collaboration system.
- Deltek Vision and iAccess.
- NEWFORMA - document management system.
- TeamBinder - online collaboration system.
- 4 Projects, Buzzsaw, Constructware, iConnect, Conject.
- A background in document control – preferably within the construction industry.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills will be seen as a benefit.
- Good level of English language (written and spoken communication).
- Ability to manage own time scales and workload.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people at all levels within the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively with document controllers across office.