Senior Hospitality Interior Designer
About this role
An innovative full-service design firm in Venice Beach, is currently seeking talented Senior Level Interior Designer with strong hospitality experience in FF&E and Interior Architecture. You will lead a hotel design. Must have minimum 7+ years of work experience within interior design/Architecture realms: Comfortable producing all phases of Design Documentation, Project Management, consultant coordination and oversight, working with vendors/manufacturers and a thorough knowledge of interior design details, construction documentation and construction administration.
- Act as studio liaison between the design firm, project consultants, vendors & sub-contractors including visits to project site(s) and vendor workrooms to oversee status and progress of fabrication and construction.
- Design Presentation development and CAD Drafting; including space planning, interior elevations, RCP's, construction & mill-work details, and further development of Interior Design related plans as directed by Principals.
- Development of FF&E designs both Custom, Semi-Custom & Retail sources, along with managing all phases of the FF&E process - concept thru Installation with FF&E Directors.
- Preparation & coordination of hardware, plumbing, finishes, equipment and lighting schedules.
- Attendance at project meetings and site visits with Principals.
- Manage the delivery of the project under supervision of the Principals.
- Preparation and coordination of interior design & construction documents for all project phases.
- Prepare selections for all furnishings and decor items with the project teams for approval by the Design Director or Principals.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Architecture/Interior Design
- Must possess an ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while exhibiting initiative in management of all intra-office priorities
- Minimum of 7+ years' project management and interior design experience
- Proficiency in ACAD, Microsoft Office and ADOBE Creative Suite required
- Working knowledge of other design related software programs including In-Design & Sketch-Up a plus
- Strong knowledge of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork
- Familiarity and comprehension of working on project costs and budget control
- Exceptional level of communication, attention to detail and a mastery or organizational and time management skills
- Ability to exercise independent judgment related to all project phases including design selection, presentation, project follow-up needs and problem-solving
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with various personnel, vendors, contractors, consultants, etc., to achieve a timely and positive outcome of projects
- Available to work flexible hours to ensure project timelines are met