About this role
Seeking an Architect to join our growing in-house Design Team. This is an opportunity for a designer to join our expanding team and have the opportunity to be instrumental in delivering the company's vision.We are seeking a passionate and high caliber individual with exceptional creative vision, design talent, leadership qualities, and a desire to influence the way people feel in and experience our spaces.
- Work closely with the Architecture lead to support acquisitions by the Investment Team in the assessment of potential sites through test fits and feasibility studies.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to design and define the product of co-living while maintaining the brand’s aesthetic that, in turn, reflects our market and is sensitive to the project parameters.
- Working closely with the Architecture Lead in delivering design and concept document packages.
- Working on initial programming and building identity / vision of the buildings and carrying this
- through to construction stages.
- Work with external consultants to coordinate information and proposals that need integrating into the project.
- Working with internal Customer and Operations teams to sign-off on exceptional, yet practical, and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensuring that through design development, projects follow brand standards and best practices, while working with the wider Development Team to do so.
- Working knowledge of construction industry best-practices, design efficiency, US building codes and technical detailing.
- Bring an extensive knowledge of products and suppliers to drive cost efficiency and design excellence.
- FF&E that meet brand standards for existing properties and new projects.
- 7- 10 years in the Design & Development Industry, preferably in the hospitality, residential, retail or entertainment sectors.
- A successful candidate should demonstrate drive, focus, reliability, great organization, creativity, the ability to challenge conventions, confidence, a passion of the development industry and a collaborative approach to their work.
- Excellent design skills and creative flair.
- Proficient in Autocad, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and Vectorworks. Rhino and Revit experience beneficial.
- Experience managing interior projects, with knowledge of products available in the market.
- Ability to manage multiple external consultants and stakeholders.
- Excellent people and communication skills with experience championing team communication.
- Strong and efficient decision-making skills.
- This will be a New York based position but must be willing and able to occasionally travel nationally and internationally.