About this role
A Brooklyn based Boutique design firm is looking for an architect with 5-8 years of solid experience to join their team. This studio sees each project and its particular constraints as a unique opportunity to evolve the existing. In collaboration with their clients, they explore missed opportunities and find new ways to leverage limited resources in order to find the best solution for what they require. They aim not only to create beautifully articulated spaces, but methods that co-adapt their needs with the environments.
- Actively participate in the design and production of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working directly with Principals at all phases of research, programming design and construction.
- Some level of Project Management
- Coordinate with a variety of consultants and disciplines.
- NYC DOB code and zoning analysis
- Construction Administration
Skills and experience:
- Professional degree in Architecture.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Revit proficiency is a MUST
- Good understanding of assemblies and detailing.
- Experience with existing building gut renovations is a big plus.
- Knowledge of NYC codes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be a self-starter and have confidence in figuring out unknown territory.
- Ideal candidate will have an interest in learning about new materials and methods.
This is a great opportunity to work for a unique architecture practice with a holistic approach to design and a focus in sustainability!