Senior Interior Designer/PM – Multi Family Residential
About this role
Thorough, creative and with excellent communication skills this role presents a magnificent opportunity for the right person to work with a forerunner in the industry and to develop into a key member of the team. Technically minded and independent designers should seize this opportunity to join bright and enthusiastic architects and interior designers in their growing New York office. This is an impressive opportunity to join an efficient team progress with their brand of industrial and stylish approach to New York living.
- Propose and then develop strong, interpretive and discriminating design concepts and confidently develop them into coherent, strategic design drawings
- Lead design presentations with strong ideas and robust design concepts
- Strategize and highlight salient issues throughout the design phases
- Establish good working relationships with fellow design professionals and consultants to guarantee seamless coordination of documentation
- Actively engage in business development opportunities and make presentations to potential new clients
- Manage budgets internally to generate clear timelines and accounts for the duration of all projects
- Source a variety of products and samples from vendors to assist in developing unique material solutions, ironmongery, lighting and sanitary wear products
- Be a leader, both in the industry and performing as a mentor who enjoys training junior staff
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5-8 years experience in design in New York and a professional degree in either interior design or architecture
- Have a natural facility to prioritize information and tasks to synchronize workflow across several projects at one time
- Possess the ability to identify and propose solutions to problems with clarity and verbal, written and visual dexterity
- Balance specific experience of multi family building design with the receptiveness to new ideas and unconventional approaches
- Demonstrate advanced facility with graphic presentation
- Experience with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
This is an attractive opportunity for a highly competent and strong designer to work on many interesting and high profile residential projects. This is a chance to work in a stimulating, stylish and efficiency focused environment with projects that are genuinely functional and held in high regard by the New York development and design community. Great compensation and benefits await successful candidates.
Interior Designer - Residential
Luxury focused and celebrated New York interior design firm seeks a knowledgeable, creative and versatile designer to work closely with the principal and manage a team of junior designers on multiple projects in their growing New York office.