Junior Designer - Hospitality
About this role
This leading hospitality group has no house style but rather a consistent innovative approach to design. This studio is concerned with designing spaces that will make an impact and because of that ideas comes first with generous budgets to support them. There is a position for a junior designer who would quickly find themselves working on iconic projects.
- Support the studio in a variety of roles, while learning and developing their skills.
- Take ownership and responsibility of their own workload, using their initiative and creative skills to solve problems.
- Meet deadlines. Strong written and verbal communication skills will be required.
- Discuss and present ideas to the design team and liaise with contractors and consultants.
- An interest in and understanding of interior architecture and design, furniture and product design is a must.
- Ensure correct filing procedures are administered on projects.
- Assist the studio with administrative tasks such as meeting minutes, meeting scheduling etc.
- Assist with studio with concept development and presentations.
Skills & Experience
- Good eye for colour and materials.
- Good managerial skills.
- Experience in research new materials and finishes by liaising with suppliers, ordering samples and documenting/storing within the materials library.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Work well individually as well as a team.
- Pragmatic with good problem-solving skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- A basic skill level of AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office is required. A willingness to improve and develop these skills individually.
- Proven record of assisting a studio with the production of design documentation.
Interior Designer - Residential
Luxury focused and celebrated New York interior design firm seeks a knowledgeable, creative and versatile designer to work closely with the principal and manage a team of junior designers on multiple projects in their growing New York office.