Principal Architect - Public Projects
About this role
This is an unusual, high-level leadership opportunity at a stable local agency in the Los Angeles area. The Principal Architect leads the architecture division of this local agency in the planning, design and construction of a range of public facilities, including new public buildings, parks and open spaces, historic renovations, streetscapes, mechanical and electrical projects, seismic building upgrades, tenant improvements, master plans, and more.
- Provide leadership and management of the internal Architecture Division
- Manage internal portfolio of public projects and the architecture team
- Manage external consultants and negotiate their contracts and fees
- Mentor internal team of junior designers
- Project planning, management, and oversight
- Project estimating and budgeting
- Work closely with elected officials and the public to communicate architectural design ideas
Skills and experience
- Must be currently licensed by the State of California
- Minimum of four years of professional experience as a licensed Architect working on large-scale, complex design projects in a supervisory role. These building types include: commercial, public, institutional, industrial and recreational.
- Ability to apply knowledge of architectural design to evaluate designs
- Experience in sustainable design is desirable
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Rhinon and other 3D software
- Familiarity with City and State building laws, ordinances and codes
- Pension plan
- Deferred compensation plan
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Flexible health benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Family and domestic partner leave
Qualified non-local candidates will be considered for a relocation and temporary housing allowance.