Conceptual Mid Weight Interior Designer - Multi-Sector Studio
About this role
An increasingly busy creative studio is looking for an all round Mid-Senior Interior Designer/ Interior Architect with AutoCAD. This is initially a 1 year maternity cover with the expectation to become permanent. This is a great opportunity to truly work across sectors with an emphasis on workplace design and hone your knowledge in materials and detailed design.
- Support the Director producing high end concepts for: hospitality, retail with a focus on workplace projects primarily based in Hong Kong.
- Delivering Melbourne based unique private residential and mixed use projects from concept to completion.
- Contribute your AutoCAD software skills on design development, joinery detailing including designing one off bespoke pieces and documentation packages.
- Working on multiple projects at various stages from concept through to completion, (both locally and in Hong Kong)
- Working collaboratively with the Director and also autonomously, you'll: design, select materials and products, prepare presentations and generally gain valuable experience across all stages of the design process.
Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 4 years’ professional experience post-graduation.
- Previous experience working on luxury end workplace projects will be highly regarded.
- A meticulous eye for detail and design rigor demonstrated through your beautifully presented portfolio.
- Demonstrated joinery detailing and documentation samples in AutoCAD.
- A strength in communication both verbal and written.
- Interior Design or Interior Architecture qualification is required.
Benefits & Culture:
- Flexible office hours
- Designed industrial studio space with natural light
- Mentorship by the Director generous with their time and knowledge
- Free car parking
- Dog friendly