Health and Wellness - Architect
About this role
A well established Sydney practice is looking for a senior architect with strong health experience to join their team. This studio is working on really interesting projects in the health and wellness sector. These range from mental health facilities to aboriginal health projects and other mixed use health projects. They need a talented senior to support the principal in this sector. Someone with experience across all phases including briefing, masterplanning, planning but also delivery.
An inclusive culture that promotes flexibility, cares about personal well being and encourages growth. If you enjoy an agile, challenging and fun workplace and working on life changing environments this could be the role for you.
- Lead briefing and stakeholder workshops
- Undertake Masterplanning
- Ability to undertake planning with sensitivity to adjacencies of departments
- Outstanding client and communication skills
- Team leadership skills
Skills and Experience
Client facing architect involved in the design and delivery of health projects with minimum 10 years’ experience.
- You will have been involved in functional and clinical planning of health campuses, health facilities and hospitals with the ability to manage user group consultations, deliver design documentation and coordinate and manage consultants.
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and design skills allowing you the ability to develop and implement a design concept from preliminary studies through to construction and detailing.
- A technical problem solver
- Fluent English communication
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experiecce with Health Infrastructure and an understanding of their codes
- Exposure to Revit, BIM, Adobe systems and AutoCad
- Team player able to manage a team as well contribute collaboratively in larger multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to manage your own work schedules to meet project time frames
- Manage projects, clients and other stakeholder relationships within agreed time frames
- Experience in facility and clinical planning. Understanding or general hospital adjacencies and dependencies. Both public and private health experience.
- Experience on hospital projects at business case, masterplan, concept design, design development and construction phases.
- Ability to manage a small team and also be a client focused
- Experience in Acute Mental Health or Forensic Mental Health will be an advantage
Benefits and Culture
As part of the team you will enjoy benefits such as;
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional development and training (include example if possible)
- A lively, social work culture with regular events and team activities
- Sunny studio with lovely views