Design Manager - Construction
About this role
Our client is a leading national construction company that delivers projects across a variety of sectors including commercial, retail, sports, health, defense and residential. Due to continued growth, they are now looking to take on a senior Design Manager in their Melbourne team.
- Act as the client’s design manager with a strong focus on the management of a number of consultants and coordination with the construction team.
- Lead a number of packages, review compliance, chair design meetings, manage document control and ensure all technical requirements are met in line with sector specific processes and procedures.
Skills & Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in architecture, engineering or construction
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on large scale projects $50-250m+
- Proven experience in the delivery phase, ideally with a developer or construction company
- Leadership and problem solving skills with the capacity to drive and develop others, whilst demonstrating an ability to manage multiple stakeholders with a strong focus on delivery,
- Strong communication skills and a collaborative nature
- Experience on PPP projects would be an advantage
- Health or defense experience viewed favorably