Senior Design Manager (for developer)
About this role
A highly dynamic and multi-faceted development company based in NYC is looking for a highly qualified Senior Design Manager to oversee and lead all aspects of design project management for luxury residential and mixed-use developments.
- Implement, coordinate and execute the design process through completion
- Coordinate consultant’s work, from concept stages throughout the completion of CD’s.
- Support the New York development team in all aspects of the project, focusing in design management.
- Issuance of required RFP’s for design, engineering and specialty consultants.
- Assist the legal team with consultant contracts.
- Track and approve invoices.
- Ensure that the sales/leasing objectives are achieved through design
- Collaboration with Building Management Group so that all supporting spaces and requirements are achieved through design
- Oversee the production of design documents in order to ensure that construction information is included throughout the design phases and in close coordination with onsite construction.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in residential design.
- At least 5 years in a project management role
- License is not a requirement but it is a plus.
- Creative and innovative problem-solver.
- Knowledge and understanding mid-rise residential, office and retail, entertainment and food and beverage components.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of New York Zoning, planning, and Building Code.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit.
This is a great opportunity to work on some high-profile projects with one of the most prestigious development companies in the nation