Project Manager - Healthcare (Charlotte, NC)
About this role
A multi-national and and award-winning design firm is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience in Healthcare projects to join their team. This individual will manage multiple projects from inception through completion including all design phases, client interaction, schedule and financial performance.
- Plan, organize and supervise the work of design staff (5-10+ team members)
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Collaborate in ensuring business alignment and profitability
- Help prepare and participate in client presentations
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Coordinate with different consultants and disciplines
- Negotiate and write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Develop and leverage existing client relationships for the purpose of winning future work
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture
- Healthcare design is required.
- Experience in Higher Education/Science Technology is a plus.
- Architectural License required
- LEED accreditation is a plus.
- Proven track record as a Project Manager with projects involving work through all phases from contract negotiation until completion.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as Revit, AutoCAD, Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup is required.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
This is a unique opportunity to join a fully integrated design studio where a diverse group of technical architects, interior designers, medical planners and clinical consultants collaborate as a team from concept design through construction.