Project Architect - Corporate Interiors
About this role
An award-winning design firm is seeking a Project Architect with Corporate Interiors experience to join their Manhattan studio. This person will be working with the Project Manager on projects from inception through completion including all design phases, client interaction, schedule and financial performance.
- Monitoring the design process from SD to CA.
- Performs site surveys.
- Performs code reviews.
- Prepares construction documents and specifications.
- Resolve technical issues and coordinate with consultants
- Conduct and perform QA/QC reviews and verify documents reflect the design intents, compliance in code, completion, buildable and accurate sets.
- Attends site meetings and responds to and issues addenda and RFIs.
- Communication with vendors and contractors
- Makes construction site visits and issues reports.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals as well as prepare punch lists.
- Mentor and direct the work of junior staff
Skills and experience:
- A degree in Architecture or Interior Architecture.
- Minimum 6 to 9 years of relevant Corporate Interior experience
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with others in a challenging fast paced work environment.
- Building codes knowledge.
- Ability to multitask.
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD.
- 3D Max, Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, PowerPoint, and other related design software preferred.
- NCIDQ accreditation and Architectural registration are desired.