Design Director - North Carolina
About this role
A global practice requires a design director to join their office in North Carolina to lead design excellence across the office. This is a tier one design practice covering all sectors in architecture and interior design who has won numerous local and international awards.
- Responsible for design standards across the office.
- Represents the firm with clients, professional organizations and academic institutions.
- Lead teams and large-scale projects across a variety of sectors.
- Liaising with PR & marketing to work on competitions, strategies and new bids.
- Aware of current trends in the design industry.
- Responsible for staff reviews, resourcing talent and mentoring junior teams.
- Business development, networking of new and existing clients.
- Hands-on with design, concept and developing the design narrative.
- Conducts QA/QC sessions with design teams.
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 15 years of professional experience.
- Proven track record of designing and leading small and large scale world-class projects.
- Excellent communication and client engagement skills.
- Ability to recognize and develop talent among the staff.
- Strength in retaining the original design intent through implementation stages.
- Architecture license is required.
This is a great opportunity to assume a leadership position leading design at a world renown multidisciplinary design firm!