Design Manager - on site
About this role
A top AJ rated practice are on the lookout for a Design Manager to join their £500M + on-site project on a rolling contract basis. On offer is the chance to work on a highly publicised commercial project now on site, with the support of an experienced and tight team. The works are predominantly related to internal fit out, MEP services and externals / civils works. As this is a client-side position, this role would especially suit an architect with large-scale complex building experience who would like to take the next step in their career.
- Work within an established team to aid delivery of on-site project in Cambridge.
- Assist the Site Lead with tracking, programming and reporting against design related activities and site inspections across all fields of expertise.
- Obtain from internal and external sources and document control websites key project performance indicators.
- Deal with issues relating to RFIs, changes or updates to design information and identifying the impact based on design.
- Manage the collation of the design activities and track these against programmes, milestones etc. including drawings, project changes, CDM, Building Control, Planning, BREEAM, H&S.
- Manage CDM system.
- Track progress of drawings / technical submittal.
Skills and Experience
- Part III qualified or equivalent, or experience working as Design Manager previously.
- Experience working at RIBA stages 5 onwards on large scale commercial projects.
- Must be fully au fait with construction related activities on site and comfortable working on a significant development with complex architectural and engineering design challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
This is an amazing opportunity for an immediately available Architect or Design Manager who wants to work with a top AJ practice on large-scale UK project.