About this role
A renowned interior design firm is looking for a Design Director to join our team to lead the design activities in their Los Angeles office. Our client focused teams bring the highest levels of innovation and design to find unique solutions. Strong interpersonal and client relations skills should be meshed with expertise in hospitality, food and beverage, and retail.
- Play a vital role in managing design teams, overseeing design concepts, and ensuring continuity in all phases of the design process from schematic design to construction administration
- Assist in business development strategies to secure new business and maintain existing client relationships
- Consults with clients on all aspects of space planning, layout, furnishings, and color coordination effectively communicating the concept, budget, standards, and design process between client and the firm
- Coordinate with other departments and managers to review and finalize detailed shop drawings, installations, arrangements, furnishings, and material presentations
- Review cost estimates, participate in client presentations, assist in creation of presentation materials, review work compliance, and determine quality of final finished product
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- 8+ years’ experience in high end hospitality and retail
- AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator, MS Office
- Strong organizational, communication and relationship management skills.