About this role
The Design Assistant will act as key support to the lead designer, in-office and in the field. The ideal candidate will be sharp, nimble, and adaptable; comfortable wearing many hats and able to turn on a dime.
- Process emails and assist with project coordination under supervision of lead designer and/or studio manager
- Attend client meetings, take and distribute notes as necessary
- Assist with project presentations, vendor coordination, and sample prep
- AutoCAD drafting as needed (not primary drafter but must be able to support)
Skills & Experience
- Experience in an architectural, landscape, or interior design firm a must
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle deadlines and time pressure
- Proficient in AutoCAD, InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Comfortable taking simple site measurements and able to translate into AutoCAD site plans
- 3D rendering skills such as Sketch-up, Lumion, Rhino are helpful but not necessary
- Hand sketching and ability to draw perspectives a plus
Great opportunity to learn from one of the best in the field and be involved at many levels of the design process.