Interiors Design Director | Commercial/Corporate
About this role
- Collaborate on the initial marketing stages throughout completion of construction and installation, including programming client needs, conceptual and schematic design, design development and management of schedules and budgets.
- Lead the team through all phases thru guiding, advising and mentoring other designers on project work, develop design direction and leading critiques
- Act as a primary interface with clients. Work directly with the client, team members, and a wide range of consultants and collaborators both internal and external throughout the life of the project.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
- Building and sustaining client relationships.
- Work with the studio and office leadership to further the strategic goals of the firm, sector, and office.
- Participate in business development, marketing efforts and industry events.
- Collaborate with other leaders across the firm to enhance the culture for design excellence, elevate the quality of design and achieve recognition for clients and the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design or Architecture, LEED accreditation, and 15+ years of diverse interiors experience, including experience in a leadership role
- Prior and recent experience in corporate interiors required
- Ability to work in a team environment with good collaboration skills
- Excellent presentation abilities
- A mix of strategic and creative bent, with ability to create great design while embracing sound business strategy
- Passionate about design and able to be the design inspiration for multiple highly-creative project teams
- Experience directing and providing leadership for design teams from business development presentations through developing strategy and design concepts
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to provide critical design review to design teams, communicating design ideas and direction quickly
- Demonstrated success building, nurturing and fostering new client relationships
Interior Designer - Residential
Luxury focused and celebrated New York interior design firm seeks a knowledgeable, creative and versatile designer to work closely with the principal and manage a team of junior designers on multiple projects in their growing New York office.