Urban Design Contract
About this role
Join this progressive local Council whose passionate team are dedicated to a design led approach to place making. Work together in reshaping a major growth corridor in Sydney for the future. Seeking a talented passionate urban designer (ideally with an architectural background). Work within a busy collaborative team at this critical time. Develop the strategy and the effective framework for implementation.
- Research, analyse and integrate urban design plans, data and trends within areas such as land use planning, transport planning, urban design and economic development
- Coordinate projects including preparation of briefs, co-ordination and supervision of consultants and stakeholder / community consultation.
- Work closely with the Department of Planning operations in the area of urban design. Assist with the implementation of policies and programs that increase the quality of the built environment
- Provide advice on urban design issues for development applications, planning proposals and precinct plans.
- Utilise industry trends to make recommendations on urban design initiatives Liaise with State and Federal Government Agencies and other Authorities in relation to matters of urban design, transport, residential development and housing choice
- Visually communicate and test ideas using Adobe Creative Suite, AutoCAD and Google Sketchup.
- Drive continual improvement of urban design processes through ongoing monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Investigate and develop funding options for urban design related projects..
Skills and experience
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience within Architecture, Urban Design or other relevant discipline
- Qualifications in Architecture or Urban Design
- Demonstrated experience in urban design
- High level verbal, and written communication skills
- An ability to deliver innovative and effective urban design and public domain solutions, through technical advice, guidelines and policy
- Experience in writing project briefs, engaging consultants and developing and overseeing a project from concept phase through to implementation
- High level Technical experience in AutoCAD, Google SketchUp, the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Project management skills
- Great graphic and drawing skills
- Genuine design skills
- Experience in contributing to new strategic framework and vision
- Ideally some experience with writing of DCP, LEP reports
- Experience in all stages of design and working knowledge of current trends and opportunities for urban design, sustainable design and
- Effective collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Great organisation and logistics skills to support a high functioning team
- Passion for working on important public work
Benefits and culture
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for professional development and training (include example if possible)
- A culture dedicated to the best public outcome and place making