Building Technology Specialist
About this role
A well established Manhattan based Architecture firm with projects all over the US and around the world is looking for a Building Technology Specialist. This individual will assists the Director of Building Technology in implementing project review and educational initiatives to ensure that the deliverables maintain a high level of building performance, code compliance, and constructability. The primary means of achieving this is to perform quality assurance/quality control reviews of project drawings at the Schematic Design, Design Development, and Contract Document stages of design. Secondarily, this person is expected to participate in initiatives at staff education and the development of resources related to building technology.
- Perform quality assurance and quality control reviews of project drawings, under the direction of the Director of Building Technology
- Advise staff members on project-related building technology and code issues
- Participate in projects, under the direction of the Director of Building Technology and engage in the development of technical resources for office-wide use.
- Include developing and present education initiatives including new staff training and continuing education
- Assist the Director of Building Technology in scheduling and other administrative duties
Skills and experience:
- A Bachelor of Architecture or Master degree.
- 10 years of relevant experience in an architectural office
- Architecture registration in at least one state.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in exterior envelope detailing, structural/mechanical/electrical/plumbing coordination, and building code compliance.
- Great communication skills..
- Ability to hand draw sketches quickly and legibly
- AutoCAD and Revit proficiency is not mandatory, but preferred
- Ability to work in Microsoft Word and Excel.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work at one of the most prestigious Architecture firms in NYC!
Project Architect - Multi Sector
Drive your career where you want it to go and be supported by a design-thinking studio where people don’t want to leave. Apply your skills and energy to diverse projects across rail/ infrastructure, education and public sectors.