Senior Interior Designer
About this role
As a Senior Interior Design Professional, you are responsible for performing complex interior design assignments receiving specific and detailed instructions as to tasks required and results expected.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for selection and specification of all interior architectural materials and finishes, furniture, lighting and artwork.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Advanced space planning skills and an interest in programming.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in interior design or foreign equivalent
- 3 plus years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
Interior Designer - Residential
Luxury focused and celebrated New York interior design firm seeks a knowledgeable, creative and versatile designer to work closely with the principal and manage a team of junior designers on multiple projects in their growing New York office.