Senior Hospitality & Residential Designer
About this role
A boutique interior design firm based in Los Angeles is seeking a personable, motivated and experienced designer to join their team as a Senior Designer. This position will require an independent leadership role on projects, as well as high level project and client management skills. The ideal candidate will have experience developing hotel and resort interiors as well as large scale luxury residences.
- Lead the creation of presentation materials, design concepts and inspirational boards
- Work effectively as team member, specifically interfacing with job captain, creative director.
- Act as primary contact with client, handling all communication for projects.
- Work with job captain to create interior design construction documents, schedules and specifications.
- Review and approve design documents issued by architects, MEP and structural engineers, design consultants and other vendors.
- Provide construction administration on active construction and renovation projects including site visits.
- Assist with the creation and implementation of design budgets as well as the diligent execution of timelines.
- Ability to travel for project related purposes
Skills and Experience
- Must have hospitality/residential design experience 6+ years
- Experience leading and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Possess strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate ideas in interviews and other presentations
- Strength in conceptual design phase, interior finish selections and FFE.
- Proven fiscal budgeting, accountability and responsibility
- Excellent written, verbal and management communication skills
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, AutoCAD, Spexx, SketchUp or 3D modeling a plus
Interior Designer - Residential
Luxury focused and celebrated New York interior design firm seeks a knowledgeable, creative and versatile designer to work closely with the principal and manage a team of junior designers on multiple projects in their growing New York office.