Group Financial Controller
About this role
This is an outstanding opportunity for a Group Financial Controller to join a high-profile and fast-moving global company at the top of its game. Based in vibrant Farringdon, the heart of London’s creative community in stylish, spacious offices with an inclusive and fun culture enjoying a healthy work/life balance.
Reporting directly to the CEO you will be fully involved in the day-to-day running of the company and will have the opportunity to make this exciting, career-defining role your own.
- Management of the Group and subsidiary management accounts.
- Provide variance reporting and sales/expenditure analysis.
- Attendance of the monthly board meeting and preparation of the monthly board pack.
- The interpretation and understanding of business performance.
- Take an active role in developing and driving the strategic focus of the organisation.
- Overseeing the accounting function for the UK, Australian and US businesses.
- Liaising with US and AUS external accountants and internal bookkeeper.
- Responsible for reconciling and ensuring accuracy of monthly management accounts.
- Managing cashflows.
- Dealing with any debtor escalations.
- Authorising payments to suppliers and payroll.
- Monitoring banking activities of the organisation.
- Final checking of payroll and commissions.
- Banking and external accountant relationships.
- Managing a small team in London
- Tax planning, legislation and law.
- Preparing annual budgets, forecasts and strategies with CEO, local MDs and global operations team.
- Responsibility for ensuring all statutory tasks; VAT, PAYE, pensions, intermediary reports, tax returns, 1099’s etc. are submitted by the due dates and payments made as required.
- Overseeing credit control and the timely collection of debts in all offices.
- Devising bonus schemes and new incentives for internal staff.
- Ad hoc reporting and providing information to management on request.
- Chartered Accountant ACA or FCA Qualified
- M and A experience
- Prior experience advising on strategy for growth.
- Recruitment experience is advantageous but not essential.
- Flexibility to travel overseas on an ad hoc basis.
- Experience of international accounting, specifically UK, USA and Australia.
- Understanding of US tax and business legislation advantageous.
- A team player, with excellent presentation, people and communication skills and the ability to work to and achieve deadlines.
- A hands-on and diligent approach.
- Software knowledge Xero, SAGE, ETZ Timesheets
Alongside a competitive salary we also offer a host of generous benefits including private healthcare, flexitime, 23 days’ holiday plus one extra for every year of service and much more.