Interior Designer 3-5 year Hospitality
About this role
An award-winning hospitality Interior Design firm specializing in high-profile projects is actively seeking an Interior Designer to join their Dallas, TX team. The ideal candidate is creative and curious; a thorough problem solver with a passion for design and collaboration who seeks to work on prestigious hotel projects with a talented and creative team. This role includes opportunities for domestic and international travel.
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting the goals of the project into an appropriate design for the fixtures, furnishings, and equipment
- Understands the project scope, schedule, and budget, and operates within these parameters
- Attends presentations when necessary in order to communicate design intent to client and team
- Responsible for writing and producing the specifications necessary to communicate the project design, utilizing the firm’s specification software and coordinating the work of designers as availability allows
- Performs Construction Administration duties as appropriate for each project
- Communicates clearly with the Project Leader and Project Architect on all issues requiring coordination.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 4-year degree from a CIDA-accredited Interior Design program
- 3-5 years' of professional experience in hospitality, restaurant or high-end residential design
- Strong knowledge of the interior design process, sources, and FF&E specifications
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and SPEXX or other hospitality industry specification program