Director level Hospitality Designer
About this role
Design and craftsmanship focused New York practice is seeking an imaginative and intelligent hospitality designer with experience designing restaurants and hotels to join their team.
- Run projects and make sure they are completed with a clear understanding of contractual obligations working closely with the senior associates and directors
- Strategize and highlight salient issues throughout the design phases
- Effortlessly communicate with clients both existing and potential by guiding conversations and paying close attention to requirements
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with fellow professionals, contractors, artisans and craftspeople to ensure excellence in all construction and fabrication
- Confidently prepare drawings and plans for all aspects of a project from lighting fixtures to furniture, material finishes, electrical layouts, elevations and details and planning submission packages
- With experience, lead design site visit meetings with contractors and clients and producing timely and comprehensive minutes
- Possess the flexibility to adapt to the ethos of the practice whilst maintaining as sense of individuality and imagination
- Manage budgets internally and on behalf of clients to generate clear timelines and accounts for the duration of all projects
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a senior design position and a professional degree in interior design or architecture
- Have a natural facility to prioritize information and to channel workflow across several projects at one time
- Possess in depth knowledge of the interior design industry and the locations to source the finest materials and furnishings
- Clearly propose solutions to problems with a warm verbal, written and visual dexterity whilst thriving in a close dynamic team
- Balance specific experience of hospitality design with the receptiveness to new ideas and uncommon methods and an uncompromising attention to detail
- Demonstrate precision in the generation of graphic presentations, ensuring the house CAD standards are maintained whilst guiding teams and having in depth knowledge of the software they use including AutoCAD, Adobe Suite and Microsoft Office.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to utilize their design knowledge and work with an inspiring and innovative group of designers. Competitive salary and excellent benefits plan including matched 401(k) plan is on offer for the right candidate and will be commensurate with ability and experience.
Intermediate Interior Designer - Commercial Workplace, Education, Healthcare
Nationally recognized for architectural planning, programming and design in the higher education, science & technology, civic and healthcare sectors firm is seeking a dynamic Intermediate Interior Designer.
Senior Interior Designer
A Los Angeles-based and international design firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join a global group of innovative architects, landscapers, urban planners, and strategists with a collective commitment to design beyond the ordinary.