Senior Residential Designer
About this role
This is an opportunity to join a small but established and renowned studio in Chelsea. This studio continues to thrive due to its unique approach to design, bringing together an eclectic palette yet still creating harmony. There is a great deal of development in this position, the view is that the person will progress to the role of creative director, but from day one the successful designer will be leading and overseeing every stage of a project. The position is for an “all-rounder” but with a creative focus.
- Meeting new clients, deciphering a brief and collating proposals.
- Developing original and creative design concepts and schemes.
- Using AutoCAD when required to assist with drawing production.
- Sourcing and procuring FF&E and compiling schedules.
- Managing and mentoring junior team members.
- Sourcing art and antiques both in and out of the studio.
- Designing bespoke and customised furniture and lighting when necessary.
- Leading client meetings, presenting and selling design solutions.
- Working to budgets and ensuring timescales and project deadlines are met.
- Managing incoming and outgoing drawings within established system.
- Managing supplier relations.
- Styling and installing projects with the team.
- Creating pitch documents for new business development.
- Regular project site visits with contractor, architect, suppliers and clients.
- Involvement in PR initiatives, including attending occasional networking events.
Skills & Experience
- Experience of working in interior design, including high-end residential.
- Advanced organizational skills and efficient time management.
- High level of FF&E sourcing and specification experience, including art & antiques.
- Experience collating detailed drawing packages.
- Experience in designing and quality control of bespoke furniture.
- Confidence preparing mood boards and immaculate presentation skills.
- Patience and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative flair and enthusiasm.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with experience of managing a team.
- Extensive knowledge of product design and materials.
As well as brilliant projects this studio has a wonderful studio culture. There are regular team events for instance, but the focus that is put on the team is also reflected in the benefits package. Designers with an impressive portfolio of residential projects should apply.