Project Manager/Project Architect
About this role
A Manhattan based design firm is seeking a Project Manager/Project Architect who has demonstrated experience as a leader, commitment to successful project delivery and a passion for team development and mentorship. This firm focuses on high-end residential work (both new construction and renovations), Institutional buildings and Tenant Office fit-outs. The person will oversee the design, production and administration of multiple projects. He or she will represent the firm in a professional manner, maintaining client confidence and respect, and will be directly responsible both to the client and the firm for successful execution of the projects.
- Lead and oversee project’s development through all the phases (pre-design to post-occupancy)
- Directing and mentoring Junior staff.
- Consultant coordination among multiple disciplines
- Producing and tracking project schedules/ staff time allocations.
- Client management.
- Assisting in preparing RFPs.
- Construction administration.
Skills and experience:
- Professional degree in Architecture
- 6+ years of a local and relevant project experience.
- Thorough knowledge of architectural design, detailing, building materials, NYC building codes, and costs.
- Ability to effectively lead a project team.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- License preferred but not a requirement.
- LEED knowledge is a big plus.
- Software proficiency: MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketch Up.
- Revit is a plus!