About this role
A unique hybrid interior and design firm is offering a unique and exciting opportunity to qualified candidates who would like to join our new Scottsdale, AZ office. The Design Manager will be client facing, act as the account manager for several global brands and lead the team that delivers these projects.
We are hiring for an experienced Design Manager with 7+ years proven experience in Retail, Restaurant, and Hospitality projects. The ideal candidate will possess the drive and ability to manage multiple projects from conceptual stages, up into construction documentation and through construction administration.
This position requires a talented designer who is well connected in the industry and passionate about hospitality design. It will also be helpful for the Design Manager to possess international experience and be comfortable leading select projects outside the US in the Americas.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Director and Principal Architect
- Knows the brand standards, designs within the desired program and leads the design team in the presentation of materials for brand design approval.
- Reviews design criteria from landlords, interprets them and translates into the design
- Execute strong designs within corporate standards, but can also service independent clients in the ideation and conceptualization of designs from scratch
- Work with cross-functional partners to conceive prototypical designs for roll-out Creates space plans compliant with applicable codes, provides sketches, mood boards and images that tell a story and convey design intent
- Work closely with the 3D visualization team to deliver visuals to the highest standard
- Able to effectively communicate with clients and display the ability to be a positive influencer
- Designs lighting, FF&E, décor packages and portrays them in design drawings and specs.
- Calls upon a vast network of vendors and suppliers for material selection
- The ability to role-up one’s sleeves, dig-in and produce design packages when needed Participates in site visits, reviews submittals, FF&E quotes and issues reports as needed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Architectural licensure, LEED AP, ASID, IIDA or NCIDO Certification is a plus
- 5+ years of retail and restaurant experience
- Experience with managing project schedules and designing within budgets
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-up
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Highly Competitive Salary based on experience
- Employer contribution to Healthcare provided
- Employer sponsored retirement plan will be provided as the office grows
- Extremely Generous Paid Time-Off Provided to all employees