Intermediate Interior Designer - Commercial Workplace, Education, Healthcare
Nationally recognized for architectural planning, programming and design in the higher education, science & technology, civic and healthcare sectors firm is seeking a dynamic Intermediate Interior Designer.
About this role
- Participate as a team member on multiple medium to large scale projects with varied timelines.
- Participate in the coordination of architectural interior concepts with overall building massing/siting/design.
- Take lead in architectural interior detailing of casework, reflected ceiling plans, cabinetry, interior elevations, flooring, etc.
- Coordinate finish plans, specifications, and architectural material selections from conceptual design through construction administration.
- Spearhead and oversee the selection, planning and specification of contract furniture systems.
- Work collaboratively with design team members, consultants, product representatives and contractors to achieve overall project objectives.
- Participate in professional development, leadership, and activities within the office and design community.
- 5-8 years of relevant work experience in institutional, higher education, workplace, healthcare or a combination of those building types.
- Proficiency in Revit preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign preferred.
- Applicant to be well versed in color theory, graphic design/graphic composition, interior finish materials, and contract furniture.
- Strong knowledge of design process including FF&E selection, specification, and procurement.
- Knowledge of building codes, ADA standards, as well as LEED requirements/qualifications.
- Certified Interior Designer, or CA Registered Architect preferred.
- LEED-AP or ID+C certification preferred.