Senior Interior Designer
A Los Angeles-based and international design firm is seeking a Senior Interior Designer to join a global group of innovative architects, landscapers, urban planners, and strategists with a collective commitment to design beyond the ordinary.
About this role
The Senior Designer will be responsible for exceptional design, communication and leadership skills especially in high-end multi-family residential and mixed-use.
- Work with the Design Manager and project team on concept, presentations, design development, and production
- Lead design effort and client presentations, support client relationships
- Collaborate with Design Manager to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Coordinate with consultants, contractors, fabricators, furniture dealers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Mentor junior and intermediate design staff
- Produce graphic presentations, 3D renderings, and construction drawings
- Oversee development of design throughout design development and construction drawings.
- Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial, mixed use and high-end multi-family residential design
- Must possess creative design and drawing skills, which include: material, color and furniture selection, design presentation skills, conceptual design abilities
- Must have knowledge of the appropriate use of materials, finishes and furniture
- Must be able to effectively work in a creative team environment and meet project
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, research and leadership skills
- Experience in AutoCAD, 3D Modeling and Photoshop a plus
- Must have a BA or MA in Interior Design or Interior Architecture