Project Manager - Interiors
About this role
As a Project Manager, you are responsible for managing small to medium sized projects during all phases of a project until completion. Directing employees and consultants at all levels to ensure that all steps and procedures are taken and that all work is completed as planned, budgeted and scheduled
- Consults with client to determine function and spatial requirements and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Implements all phases of a design project which includes contracts, budgeting, scheduling, planning, design, documentation, specifications and construction, including the selection and specification of furniture.
- Manages client expectations with regard to project scope, budget and schedule.
- Responsible for managing project using the Deltek Vision; complete work plans; including identification of project team members, budget, consultants, schedule for completion, fees and labor costs as well as project change notices or other actions taking place on the assigned project. Responsible for financial outcome of projects.
- Develops detailed project schedule and communicates key deliverable dates to project team.
- Provides leadership, resources and technical advice for the generation of construction documents for interior environments.
- Ensures project documentation and contracts are in compliance with the standards set forth by the Project Delivery Board.
- Reviews documents for adherence to building and ADA codes
- Represents client in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
- Communicates with consultants, contractors, sub-consultants and other disciplines to ensure project details are carried out including technical issues and project information at all levels of contract administration.
- Advanced knowledge of design principles and the ability to interpret design concepts and layouts.
- Knowledge of design techniques and tools involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture types, vendors, fixtures and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials.
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Primavera or MS Project preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop preferred.
- Knowledge of Revit preferred.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006 preferred.
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture or equivalent in education or experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 plus years’ experience in interior design practice with 5 years prior project management experience in all phases of projects through post-occupancy.
- NCIDQ certification preferred.
- If registered Architect, NCARB registration preferred and current registered member of AIA (or OAA, if applicable) preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.