About this role
Finance manager required for an award winning, international architectural studio, based in central London. You will be responsible for supervising the finance assistant, whilst reporting to the global finance director. To apply candidates must be qualified (ACCA or CIMA) with an appropriate and demonstrable level of experience.
- Supervising the finance assistant, understanding their tasks and ensuring queries, tasks and issues are dealt with accordingly.
- Producing the full monthly management pack to include commentary.
- Ensure month-end tasks are completed on schedule and accurately.
- Yea end –producing first draft of financial statements. Preparing all associated schedules. Liaising with external accountants to provide information on time and deal with any queries.
- Ensuring the daily cash flow is updated accurately.
- Keeping an up-to-date pipeline and ensuring sales invoices are raised on time and relevant schedules promptly updated.
- Being the first point of contact for projects with complex invoicing and understanding the invoicing process.
- Understanding project costs to recharge and formulating a process for identifying and recharging them accurately.
- Debtor chasing when required.
- Overseeing the smooth running of payroll.
- Managing Union Square project accounting system.
- Implement any new accounting systems.
- Champion systems across offices.
- Chairing monthly IT strategy meetings and work with the office manager to improve infrastructure.
- Identify cross-company project cash flows.
- Identify and deal with any cash requirements should they arise.
- Assist with the annual R&D tax credit process.
- Ensure VAT return is produced and submitted.
- Approve spending up to a specified limit and liaise with global finance director on above-limit spend.
- Assisting in renewal of PI and office insurance.
- Ad Hoc duties as instructed by the global financial director.
Skills and Experience
- Qualified (ACCA or CIMA) with appropriate level of experience.
- Knowledge of Sage software desirable.
- Excel – Expert or highly proficient at advanced formulas.
- Must be able to work independently but also a team player with the confidence to manage others and give direction.