Senior Retail Designer
About this role
This studio has been running for five years but already finds itself winning the type of projects pursued by studios running for decades. This is down to the quality of projects completed and the calibre of the team. The studio works across retail and hospitality and encourages their designers to work across sectors. There is a democratic approach to design in the studio with the best idea winning, regardless of whether it comes from the associate or from a junior designer. They feel that through dialogue and questioning the team produces the best design for the client.
- Generate and present concept work internally and externally.
- Act as an integral member of the client facing team on key projects.
- Run a mix of medium & large-scale projects for different clients simultaneously.
- Input into the early insights and strategy stages of design projects.
- Take active involvement in the full design process – from concept generation through to execution.
- Take a pro-active and hands-on approach to the overall concept design and visualisation of creative work.
- Assist team leaders with the guiding and mentoring of junior designers.
- Manage time effectively to adhere to agreed project timelines and budgets.
Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in creative idea generation and development along with a challenging outlook to creative briefs.
- Thorough understanding of the complete customer/visitor journey from digital to physical.
- Confident hand sketching and visualisation capabilities.
- Exceptional presentation, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience of developing internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite, Vectorworks, and be instrumental in sharing this knowledge with other members of the team.
- Proactive approach to technology, software and industry innovations.
Should you want to join an impressive studio at a moment of growth then do apply with your CV and portfolio.