Project Manager (Asia projects)
About this role
A Global award-winning design firm is seeking a Senior Project Manager with experience in large scale projects to work on projects in China and Asia.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Collaborate in ensuring business alignment and profitability
- Regular communication with and coordination of project teams in both our NY and Asian offices
- Help prepare and participate in client presentations
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Make independent decisions on architectural problems and methods
- Coordinate with different consultants and disciplines
- Participation in regular teleconference presentations and coordination meetings during Asian business hours, as well as the ability to periodically travel internationally.
- Work together with Principals and legal team when drafting proposals for new business and write contracts.
Skills and experience:
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- significant experience with large scale, high-rise, commercial, residential and hospitality projects in China
- Extensive knowledge of the planning and design of such projects, as well as the design and construction of international caliber, custom exterior walls and high-quality public interior space finishes.
- Experience with Chinese construction practices and local code requirements is a plus
- Proven track record as a Project Manager with projects involving work through all phases from contract negotiation until completion.
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in leadership roles
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is a necessity. Additional proficiency in InDesign, AutoCAD and Revit is a plus.
- Fluency in English is a requirement, as is the ability to speak and make presentations in front of large project team groups. Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) is a plus
This is a unique opportunity to join a fully integrated design studio and work on some very high-profile projects in Asia!