Senior Interior Designer - Hospitality
About this role
The Senior Interior Designer has the ability and responsibility to conceptualize the project as a whole, sets the initial design direction for the project, along with the Senior Architect and Principal in Charge and makes critical aesthetic decisions throughout the project while integrating input from client and operator.
- Responsible for leading and reviewing the design narrative and design graphics for concept presentation materials.
- Leads and/or works in tandem with Senior Architect to space plan and design the interior architectural envelope.
- Reviews and understands with professional proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes to determine compliance in quality, design, and codes. Leads team to complete such documents.
- Oversees completion of FF&E design & documentation based on project criteria, budget, program, and standards.
- Responsible for internal presentation of project design materials to V.P in charge and/ or senior leadership review.
- Oversees FF&E specification throughout process, review and approve FF&E purchase orders (if necessary), and maintain budget for all phases of the project interiors.
- Senior Designer is responsible for full review of FF&E specifications before they are issued to client or operator.
- Responsible for final approval of FF&E shop drawings.
- Prime interface with the client, operator and consultants with regard to design issues, leads presentations and the like.
- Attends and/or directs on-site meetings with owner, consultants and contractor inclusive of construction review and FF&E installation, as necessary.
- Prepares accurate timelines, task lists, and project schedules.
- Identify additional service opportunities and present them to the project manager.
- Help establish staffing and project plan needs and coordinate with the project manager.
- Has a thorough understanding of hotel brands in the 4-5 star range.
- Has mastered a working knowledge of brand standards and proven ability to execute them.
- Has mastered the written specification process for FF&E.
- Bachelor Degree – from a 4 year CIDA accredited Interior Design program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 8 to 15 years of hospitality design experience.
- NCIDQ certification.
- Proficient in MS Office, Photoshop, Auto CAD, Revit, InDesign, Illustrator and Sketch Up.
- Experience in writing FF&E specifications, FF&E matrices, and budgeting.
- Possesses knowledge of building codes and the ADA.
- Review and understand with basic proficiency detailed construction documents including floor plans, elevations and sections, electrical details, finish schedules, furniture floor plans, FF&E specifications, finish boards, materials and finishes to determine compliance in quality and design work with team to complete such documentation and assist in coordination with other consultant’s documents.
- Space planning & hand sketching.
- Ability to lead junior designers and/ or design interns including task planning.