Job Captain - Retail and TI
About this role
Architecture firm in Culver City is seeking an Architectural Job Captain or Architect to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years of experience, mostly on the technical production side of commercial planning and design.
- Produce contract documents conforming to building codes and zoning regulations
- Lead survey teams in the research and documentation of as-built conditions
- Coordination of internal and external production teams in preparation of construction documents.
- Participate in and sometimes lead construction administration efforts
- Support the Project Manager in providing periodic personnel cost reports and projections, managing the construction budget, and preparing instruction to bidders
Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of AutoCAD
- Must have fluency with how to navigate the plan check process and collate high-caliber construction documents
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes including IBC, CBC, ADA, Title 24 and an understanding of the variation between different building department jurisdictions.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of the relationships between project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs.
- Excels at construction administration and job site visits. Maintains and organizes all RFI’s, RFP’s, submittals, shop drawings, etc.