Interior Designer- High End Residential
About this role
An AD 100 Design firm in Los Angeles is seeking an interior designer to join their team. The organization is fast-paced and requires focused and talented emerging high-end residential designers. The designer is responsible for day-to-day organization and production of assigned client projects.Key Responsibilities
- Maintain communication with Michael Smith and Senior Designer on all updates and issues with each assigned client project.
- Prepare for and attend client meetings with Michael for assigned client projects - Prepare and Agenda for the Meeting - Pull / Source all items for Michael / Senior Designers Review - Coordinate the delivery of an large items to be reviewed during the meeting
- Maintain communication with architects, contractors, etc. to ensure they receive the necessary information to continue timely production of project.
- Maintain communication with all vendors working on assigned projects. - Getting Quotes - Processing Order Placement – Issuing Purchase Orders with all Pertinent Information. - Periodically Checking Status of Orders and making onsite visits to vendors. - Processing Pick up of Orders
- Issue Proposal Invoices to each assigned client for all items selected by Michael Smith 6. Maintain communication with each client and support staff to ensure the project progresses smoothly
- Prepare weekly update notes for review with the Studio Director
- Participate in Bi-monthly WIP meetings with the Chief Financial Officer and address issues that arise. 9. Coordinate the delivery and installation of all items purchased by the client.
- Schedule and monitor all incoming and outgoing shipments of client purchases and memos.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- BA or AA in Interior Design. Or one year certificate from college or technical school. Or three to six months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Studio Designer, AutoCAD, Studio/Studio Webware
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Adept in concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Creative and realistic problem solving skills