Senior Interior Designer - Hotels
About this role
Modern luxury and attention to materiality are at the center of this world class design firm’s hospitality work. As a key member of the design team the ideal designer for this role will by hyper organized and skilled with graphic presentations, construction drawing and the facilitation of all aspects of the design process.
- Propose and then develop strong, interpretive and discriminating design concepts and confidently develop them into coherent, strategic design drawings
- Coordinate and interact consultants across several projects concurrently maintaining a focus and an overall system for progress and forward momentum
- Develop and manage drawing sets and plans with dexterity for all aspects of a project from lighting fixtures to material finishes, elevations and details for a variety of projects
- Take ownership of documents you produce and facilitate their passage through all stages of design and construction including permitting, bidding and construction administration utilizing your knowledge of New York City building codes and standards
Skills and Experience
- 7+ years of practical work experience and a professional degree in either Interior design, Architecture or a related field
- Experience in the luxury sector - specifically in hotel hospitality would be a bonus
- Possess a good working knowledge of NYC building codes, standards and means and methods of construction
- Ability and tenacity to work both in teams and solo
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam Revu, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp, and MS Office
This is an attractive opportunity for a highly competent senior designer to work with excellent team on some of the world’s most beautiful new modern luxury hotel and retail projects. This is a chance to work in a refined, creative and detail focused environment with projects all over the world.