Architectural Job Captain
About this role
Architecture and Interiors firm is seeking an Architectural Job Captain to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of experience, mostly on the technical production side of commercial planning and design.
- Produce contract documents conforming to building codes and zoning regulations
- Lead survey teams in the research and documentation of as-built conditions
- Coordination of internal and external production teams in preparation of construction documents.
- Participate in and sometimes lead construction administration efforts
- Support the Project Manager in providing periodic personnel cost reports and projections, managing the construction budget, and preparing instruction to bidders
Skills and Experience
- Expert knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Must have fluency with how to navigate the plan check process and collate high-caliber construction documents
- Thorough knowledge of applicable codes including IBC, CBC, ADA, Title 24 and an understanding of the variation between different building department jurisdictions.
- Must have an awareness and understanding of the relationships between project schedule, design fees, project budgets, reimbursable costs.
- Excels at construction administration and job site visits. Maintains and organizes all RFI’s, RFP’s, submittals, shop drawings, etc.
Delivery Architect - Large Scale Projects
Love seeing buildings come to life on site? Bring your delivery slant to a leading design practice with multi-sector, award-winning projects. Large, collaborative team and central CBD location.