Middleweight Workplace Designer
About this role
A leading AJ100 practice has an opening for a middleweight designer to join their award-winning team. The practice works across every sector conceivable; initially the successful candidate is likely to be working across workplace design but with an opportunity to work across hospitality and mixed use design.
- Leading and mentoring a team of more junior designers.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended
- purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- To be the clients' primary point of contact.
- Concept development that is true to client brief.
- FF&E selection, coordination and scheduling.
- Experience of putting together client presentations.
- Taking ownership of design and confidently presenting to potential clients.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Technical mind-set with good eye for design.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and colour schemes to carryout design intent.
- Knowledge of UK building systems regulations and construction methods.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong technical knowledge and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- An understanding of documentation delivery using AutoCAD and Revit.
- Presentation and organisational skills.
- Outstanding communication.
- Experience of workplace or residential design.
- Knowledge of Revit is preferred though not essential.
Alongside phenomenal projects this practice has an environment that encourages growth. Designers are known to stay with the practice throughout their career as their efforts are acknowledged and rewarded.