Interior Architect / Project Manager
About this role
Award winning and expanding Architecture firm in New York City seeks Senior Interior Architect / Project Manager to join their talented team. Their work is built on sound architectural traditions that incorporate innovations in design, materials and technology, creating results that are both contemporary and timeless. This role represents a great opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking for a career move into a collaborative environment, where mentorship and employee development are practiced.
- Assist Interiors Studio Director in preparing proposals, contracts and add services.
- Monitor project profitability.
- Strong design sensibility and technical skills.
- Strong clients facing and communication skills.
- Effective presentations skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of NYC and International building codes.
- Take responsibility over multiple medium to large scale projects.
- Manage and mentor internal staff of 3 to 4 senior designers and their small teams.
- Advise teams and monitor project development weekly.
- Prepare deliverables for each project phase, work plans & schedules.
- Strong experience in consultants coordination.
- Review DD and CD drawing sets prior to submissions (review design, drafting, detailing, building materials, building codes, construction techniques).
- Review and answer CA questions and attend site visits when needed.
Skills and Experience
- 15+ years professional experience.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Architecture with Interiors background required.
- Architectural registration and LEED accreditation preferred.
- Strong experience in project management of multiple small and large-scale projects.
- Project experience in Revit and Project Management software.